REMINDER: EARLY DISMISSAL AT 12:15PM ON WEDNESDAY, May 22nd
FIELD DAY: K-2 POSTPONED Until Thursday, May 30th
FIELD DAY: 3-6 Friday, May 24th
KINDERGARTEN GRADUATION: Monday, June 10th
The mission of the Lehigh Valley Dual Language Charter School (LVDLCS) is to provide an
intensive and accelerated English language learning experience for students whose first language is
not English and develop Spanish language skills in native English speakers.
This will be accomplished while simultaneously helping them achieve academic success
in the content area to prepare them to live in a global society.
Our vision is a community of bilingual/bicultural,
life-long learners committed to excellence and dedicated to learning and leadership.
● Dual Language Instructional Strategies
● Extended School Day and School Year
● Smaller Student-to-Teacher Ratio
● Multi-Disiplinary Project Program
● Individual Student Achievement Plans
● Summer School ● Saturday Programs
● Parent Literacy Programs ● School Uniforms
● Required Parental Involvement
● 10 Professional Development Days including Study Groups with University Partnerships
● Project-Based Learning
**LVDLCS is in School Improvement I based on 2011-2012 PSSA and AYP scores. Please look under School Publications for the 2012-2013 LVDLCS and PDE approved Comprehensive Plan for School Improvement.